Job Title: Accountant
Reports to: Managing Director, VP Asia Pacific / Group Financial Controller
Based: Darling Park, Sydney, Australia
Staff Responsibilities: None
Job Objectives: Oversee the general accounting functions, for Client book to bill, Supplier order to cash, Payroll, General Ledger, Management Accounting and Statutory / Tax Functions.
To apply for this role directly, please complete this online application form (no agencies)
- Support General Ledger transactions by preparing asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Summarises current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports for submitting to Head office on a month basis.
- Substantiates financial transactions and is responsible for the local Statutory/Tax submissions
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Raises Invoices to clients, and collects outstanding debts
- Prepares the local payroll process.
- Cash forecasting and submission of ASIC filings
- Locally coordinates centralisation of specific processes
- Supports and coordinates the local transfer onto the new Global accounting platform.
Education and Qualifications
- Qualified Accountant
- At least 5 years post qualification experience in Accounting
- Worked in a small team and run the day to day accounting function
- A good understanding of internet-based technologies
- Good with IT / Software
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Clear communicator with good people skills
- Verbally articulate
- Good written English
- Knowledge of cloud based CRM systems (i.e. Salesforce)
- Has solid understanding of basic accounting packages Financial Force, Xero, Kashflow
- Self starter able to make progress with minimal supervision
- Possess good interpersonal, written, oral and analytical skills
- Ability to work within a team environment with good communication skills and a good sense of humour
- Mindful of attention to detail
- Able to prioritise and work within tight time scales
- Can accept and act upon constructive criticism
- Capable of juggling multiple tasks of varying priorities
- Able to work under pressure
- Sense of urgency along with a sense of ‘problem ownership’ to see all issues through to successful resolution
- Due to the nature of the company’s products and services, the jobholder must on occasion, be willing and available to work extra hours if the needs of the company require it
- Present an acceptable appearance at all times
- Live within commuting distance of Sydney Central Business District, Australia
- This role may involve access to confidential customer and financial information, and as such requires the successful candidate to undertake basic background and reference checks.
- Natterbox are equal opportunities employers