Working as part of a newly formed infrastructure team focusing on migrating platform services to AWS, utilising cloud-native technologies and developing the existing platform and development pipelines, ensuring the systems and services are running effectively 24×7 for our worldwide customer base.
To apply for this role directly, please complete this online application form (no agencies)
- Drive the company’s migration from co-located own hardware to AWS
- Develop new services leveraging the native technologies of AWS
- Build upon the foundation of configuration management already in place
- Improve the delivery pipelines to ensure deployments are quick and automated
Education and Qualifications
- Good A level technical subjects or equivalent
- Relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Relevant training in the areas of CI, CD, Agile and AWS
- At least 2 years demonstrable commercial experience running production workloads in AWS
- Managing a CI/ CD environment based on modern tools, preferably using Atlassian products
- Developing infrastructure using SaltStack
- Managing container workloads using kubernetes
- Running Infrastructure as code in AWS
- Experience in one or more of the following: PHP, Python, Go, Shell scripting
- Use of container technologies such as Docker
- Detailed knowledge of SaltStack, Kubernetes, Git
- Use of AWS across multiple regions
- Experience of migrating services from on premise to the cloud
- Use of infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform
- Use of configuration management systems such as SaltStack
- Excellent communication skills including fluent spoken and written English
- Ability to work within and positively contribute to an agile team environment
- Able to work under pressure, and to prioritise and work within tight time scales in order to meet deadlines
- Self-starter able to make progress with minimal supervision, but seeks help when required
- Flexible approach to work, including managing changing priorities, and a willingness to pair-program and participate in code reviews
- An interest in communications and IP technologies
UK passport or right to work in the UK essential for this role; acceptable proof must be available for inspection.
Live within commuting distance of Croydon.
Due to the nature of the Company’s products and services, the jobholder must on occasion be willing and available to work extra hours if the needs of the Company require it.
As this role involves access to systems processing potentially confidential and sensitive customer information, all prospective and current staff are required to undertake background and reference checks prior to and periodically during employment.
About Red Matter
The sector in which we operate is dynamic and fast-growing, and our innovative, award-winning solutions are securing the business of global blue-chip clients.
Our company is backed by a passionate and accomplished management team with many years of experience in cloud computing. We have a clear vision for the future and are looking for talented, high-energy, like-minded individuals who share our passion to change the world.