Job title: Infrastructure Engineer
Reports to: Network Operations Manager
Location: Croydon, London, UK
Management Responsibilities: None
To apply for this role directly, please complete this online application form (no agencies)
Working as part of a newly formed infrastructure team focusing on developing our existing platform, ensuring the systems and services are running effectively 24×7 for our worldwide customer base.
- Building upon the foundation of our SaltStack configuration management system
- Improving our monitoring systems and failover solutions
- Migrating services from existing machines into Docker containers
Education and Qualifications
- Good A level technical subjects or equivalent
- Relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Relevant training in the areas of CI, CD, Agile and Configuration Management
- At least 2 years demonstrable commercial experience running configuration management systems in production
- Developing infrastructure using SaltStack
- Managing container workloads/ deployments
- Experience of migrating to container architecture
- Use of modern monitoring platforms (Ops Genie integrations, Grafana, netdata, etc)
- Experience in one or more of the following: PHP, Python, Go, Shell scripting
- Use of container technologies such as Docker
- Detailed knowledge of SaltStack, Kubernetes, Git
- Experience of migrating services from bare-metal to containers
- Use of configuration management systems such as SaltStack
- Excellent communication skills including fluent spoken and written English
- Ability to work within and positively contribute to an agile team environment
- Able to work under pressure, and to prioritise and work within tight time scales in order to meet deadlines
- Self-starter able to make progress with minimal supervision, but seeks help when required
- Flexible approach to work, including managing changing priorities, and a willingness to pair-program and participate in code reviews
- An interest in communications and IP technologies
- The right to live and work in the UK; acceptable proof must be available for inspection.
- Live within commuting distance of Croydon.
- Due to the nature of the Company’s products and services, the jobholder must on occasion be willing and available to work extra hours when required
- As this role involves access to systems processing potentially confidential and sensitive customer information, all prospective and current staff are required to undertake background and reference checks prior to and periodically during employment.
About Red Matter
The sector in which we operate is dynamic and fast-growing, and our innovative, award-winning solutions are securing the business of global blue-chip clients.
Our company is backed by a passionate and accomplished management team with many years of experience in cloud computing. We have a clear vision for the future and are looking for talented, high-energy, like-minded individuals who share our passion to change the world.
Red Matter Ltd and Natterbox Ltd are equal opportunities employers.